Friday, June 9, 2017

change

Nick and I broke up- surprise!

I had been hopeful for a fulfilling relationship. I wanted the ease, laughter, pursing Christ together and that never came. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean he is a bad person, he just isn't the person that the Lord has picked for my life and that's okay!

I am thankful for the relationship because it caused me to reflect on what I really want. Here's what I came away with...

I want a family.
I want security.
I want a comforter.
I want laughter.
I want adventure.
I want simple and effortless (to an extent, of course).

My list makes me chuckle because every one of those desires should be found in and through Christ. They are a byproduct of surrendering my life fully to Him. Wow.. I need to allow God to romance my heart. I am considering committing a full year of no dating. Starting May 16, 2017 through May 16, 2017 in an effort to recenter my priorities where they should lie. We'll see how this goes.

I look forward to seeing how the Lord is going to use me in this season, it's just a matter or surrendering and being willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment