Thursday, March 3, 2016

the bad days

Today has been a long day plum full of frustration, confusion, and wondering.

The sun is shining, so why is my heart sad? The birds are out filling the trees, so why do tears still line my eyes? I am tired and worn. I feel fake. I wear a mask of togetherness and joy, but inside I am beaten down.

I want to pray but what am I praying to? I think I believe that God exists, he has to. Who else would paint the sunsets every night and let the intricate snow flakes fall peacefully from the sky? While I know all of that, I can't help but struggle with the difficulty of faith. I don't know how to believe, how to have faith, or how to trust. I feel like I fail God and that He sees right through me, yet I don't know how to change myself.

My own words confuse me, but they are how I feel. I am truly hoping this is just a phase caused by a lack of sunlight.
   
On a positive note, I bought chocolate and Vitamin D capsules.

Please say a prayer for me. I just want life to slow down. I want to cherish the moments rather than floating through them. God, I need your help.

Thanks for listening to my rant, friends. Peace.


Here's a favorite picture from my recent trip to Jamaica. A beautiful piece of creation to make my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment